RVILS India has established an Anti-Ragging Cell in as per the rules and regulations, to ensure highest standards for the conduct of law students and also to safeguard any student from the evils of such inhuman behaviour within the law college campus. We firmly believe and duty bound to ensure compliance with the provisions of these Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the RVILS campus.
Objectives of Cell:
The committee is tasked with the responsibility of furthering the ideals of the UGC Regulation and any other laws put in place with regards to the menace of ragging by the Government of India or the State of Karnataka.
What Constitutes Ragging?:
- Any conduct whether by words spoken or written;
- Any Act which has the effect of teasing, treating, or handling a student rudely.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities that causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student;
- Asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student.
- Any act of financial extortion on a student.
- Any act of physical abuse, sexual abuse, assualts, etc.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding Results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festivals etc.,
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
Functions of the Anti-Ragging Cell:
- To Prevent, Prohibit, and Redress any and all forms and instances of Ragging in the College.
- To educate the students on the meaning of ragging and what constitutes it.
- To educate the students on the ill-effects of ragging and the consequences, including legal consequences of indulging in ragging.
- To conduct awareness programmes on the menace of ragging, its impact, consequences and redressal mechanism available.
- To enquire into any instances of ragging that have been reported, and if necessary, , in notifying the appropriate authorities in cases of ragging.